This Weeks Announcements
- We extend greetings and a warm welcome to all visitors worshipping with us today. Please fill out a“visitor information card” located in the narthex and hand to one of the greeters. Following the Liturgy, please join us in our social hall for the coffee social.
- Holy Communion in our Church is offered only to Orthodox Christians who have prepared themselves through the disciplines of our faith. Speak to Fr. Costas for further details.
We kindly ask everyone to Please silence cell phones and pagers while in Church
- Today ~ MNYMOSINO: 40 days for Anna Elliott Karadimas; 40 days for Janet Paros.
- Today ~ Dance practice for all dancers.
- Today ~ and for the next three weeks, our children will be attending Camp Nazareth for the Summer Camp Program. We wish them a spiritually uplifting experience. Our parish offers a partial scholarship towards their registration fee. Schedule for the upcoming weeks. June 25 – July 1 (JOY children grades 5 – 7); July 2 – 8 (GOYAns grades 8 – 9); July 9 – 15 (GOYAns grades 10 – 12).
- Monday - Tuesday ~ Festival baking resumesthis week as we make keftethes.
- Monday - Friday ~ 9:00 a.m. Vacation Church School. Registration available through our website.
- Tuesday – Wednesday ~ 12:00 p.m. Dance practice for Beginners and Juniors following VCS.
- Wednesday ~ 7:00 p.m. Great Vespers for the feast of our Church with Metropolitan SAVAS. Refreshments will follow.
- Thursday ~ Feast of Apostles Peter and Paul with Metropolitan SAVAS; 8:30 a.m. Orthros; 9:30 a.m. Liturgy. Luncheon offered by St. Paul Ladies Philoptochos – please purchase your tickets in advance ($15 adults, $8 children 10 and under).
- Thursday ~ 6:00 p.m. Dance practice for Senior Dancers.
- Friday ~ Feast of the Holy 12 Apostles; 8:30 a.m. Orthros; 9:30 a.m. Liturgy.
- Friday ~ 3:00 p.m. HOPE / JOY pool party at the Markakis home. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stewardship ~ Thank you to all those who completed and returned their 2017 Stewardship card.
Upcoming Events in Our Parish – Respond Early
- Next Sunday ~Epistle Reading, Hebrews 10:1-10; Gospel, Matthew 8:28 – 34; 9:1.
- Next Sunday ~ Dance practice for all groups.
- July 3 – 4 ~ in observance of Independence Day the office will be closed.
- July 12 ~ 7:00 p.m. Monthly Parish Council meeting.
- July 20 – 23 ~ St. Paul Grecian Festival. There are many ways to support our Festival:
- sponsorship artwork for our ad book is due June 26
- volunteer to work in one of the many areas throughout the Festival ~ sign-up during the coffee social by seeing Nicholas Bodle or through our website: http://www.stpaulgoc.org/festival/volunteer.
- make a monetary donation
- bring your family and friends to enjoy our delicious foods, etc.
Details are available on our website: www.stpaulgoc.org/festival.
Events in the Greater Cleveland Area and Beyond…
- Thursday ~ 7:00 p.m. Orthodoxy on Tap with Metropolitan SAVAS at the Melt and Grilled on Rockside Road in Independence OH.
- August 16 – 19 ~ OCF Summer Leadership Institute designed specifically for Orthodox college students at St. Iakovos Retreat Center in Kansasville WI. Register at www.ocf.net.
- ZOE Women’s Center Medical Committee is looking for volunteers (Receptionist, Nurse, Sonographer, Fund Raiser, Medical Assistant, Physician’s Assistant, etc.) to offer services to women in distress due to unplanned pregnancies. Contact Despina at email@example.com.