Great Lent Begins This Week
As we begin Great Lent, remember to be diligint and vigilant in practicing Spritiual Disciplines. Also, make it a priority this year to try two things: first, come to at least one of the Lenten Services each week, second, at some point during Great Lent, make sure to attend each of the Lenten Services at least once. As a reminder, on Mondays we will have Compline, on Wednesdays we will have Pre-Sanctified Liturgy, and on Fridays we will have Salutations/Akathist to the Theotokos. All of the services will begin at 6:00 pm, as they did last year.
Saint John Chrysostom Oratorical Festival
Our Saint John Chrysostom Oratorical Festival has been moved to Saturday, March 4 at 1:00 pm. Everyone is invited to come hear our young people present their speeches.
MAYFEST and Tulsa Tough
MAYFEST and TULSA TOUGH - Calling all volunteers! WE NEED YOU! We will be participating at Mayfest (May 18th-21st) and Tulsa Tough (June 9th-11th). We need help and leaders in many areas. For Mayfest, please contact Nick Salis at email@example.com and for Tulsa Tough contact Katie Najera or Anastasia Boon. Tonya Boone is also available to answer questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
EVERYONE, please mark your calendars, and plan to come down to MAYFEST with your friends/co-workers for a GYRO LUNCH to help support our fundraising efforts.
There are sheets available in the Narthex for you to fill out and request a home or business blessing. We will schedule the blessings each week after we collect the request every Sunday. Please forgive the delay in getting started, we will be contacting everyone this week to schedule the blessings. This is a wonderful tradition and opportunity we look forward to each year!
Community Center Update
There was a lot of activity this past week, as you can see.
- The Footings hsould be completed this week, an Plunbing and electrial rough in the remainder of the week, so we can pour the slab
- We are evaluating Feezer/Cooler bids. The cooler will be twice as big as our current one, and hte freezer will be about the same size. All lodcated inside the new kitchen
- There is an Interior Meeting tentatively scheduled for Wednesday, March 1, at 4:30 pm at GH@'s office to look at light fixtures, bbanquet hall and bathroom tiels. Contat Andy Revelis for confirmation.
- Our Men & Meat fellowship event broughtin $1450 for the building fund!
- Fund raising in an ongoing effort in order to minimize the loan amount and consequently our monthlypaymnets. Please contact Father George or Tonya if you would like to make a donation. Tlhank You!
- As a reminder, please do not enter or walk around the construction site!!
Upcoming GOYA Events
Thank you for supporting our Cheesefare Luncheon after Divine Liturgy today. It is important that ALL GOYAns are here to help.Our GOYAns will meet on Tuesday/Thursday evenings night for Greek Dance Practice at 6:30. Remember next Thursday, March 9 is our next GOYA Fellowship outing to Also, we are planning a fun outing on Thursday evening, March 9th at the Sky Zone Trampoline Park, from 6:30-8:00, and families are welcome! We need reservations by Sunday, March 5; which includes a $15 per person (pre-paid) admission. Contact Athena Reich if you have any questions (918) 557-4592.
Do you remember that the 2017 Budget that our Parish Assembly approved calls for approximately $300,000 in expenses. This averages out to aout $5800 per week. With your support, we are well on our way to exceeding a great 2016 Stewardship Year. Thanks to thei 72 Stewards for setting an example for all of us to follow! Please prayerfully consider your pledge to our Lord's Church for 2017, and return your pledge card to Father George.
Bible Study Classes
We are happy that our Bible Study Classes will this week on Tuesday at 10:30 am and 6:30 pm.
If you are not receiving emails from our Parish Listserv, you can subscribe from our website, or send an email to email@example.com and Father George will add you to the list.