Palm Sunday Community Day Fish Dinner
Many thanks to our AHEPA for hosting this event once again this year. THe Dinner will be after Liturgy TODAY, Palm Sunday. Admission will be $9.00 for adults and $4.00 for youth (12 and under). The regular menu includes baked fish, briam (a delicious vegetarian side dish with zucchini, eggplant, okra, and potatoes), salad, and skorthalia. The Youth Menu features fish sticks and french fries. There will be a raffle ($500 in prizes including body care gift sets, wines, OU spirit pack). AHEPA is donating all the food and supplies for the luncheon, All proceeds to be donated to the Holy Trinity Building for Our Future Campaign.
MAYFEST and Tulsa Tough
Calling all volunteers! WE NEED YOU! Our community will be participating at Mayfest (May 18-21) and Tulsa Tough (june 9-11). We need help and leaders in many areas. For Mayfest, please contact Nick Salis and for Tulsa Tough contact Katie Najera or Anastasia Boone. Finally, EVERYONE mark your calendars and plan to come down to MAYFEST with your friends/co-workers for a GYRO LUNCH to help support our Fundraising efforts.
Community Center Update
There was a lot of activity again this past week, as you can see.
- The cinder block wall in the IYAC should be complete this week
- They will start laying the block walls in the BBQ area this week
- The Electrician will be laying the conduit through the walls
- HVAC will start to set the curbs on the roof
- Concrete was poured on the north side of the building for the exits
- Framing the interior walls has begun and will continue through the week
- God-Willing, by Pascha we should get a good view of the interior layout
Holy Week Services Begin Tonight!
- Palm Sunday: 6:00 pm Bridegroom Service
- Holy Monday: 8:30 am PreSanctified Liturgy, 6:00 pm Bridegroom
- Holy Tuesday: 8:30 am Pre Sanctified Liturgy, 6:00 pm Bridegroom
- Holy Wednesday: 3:00 pm Holy Unction, 6:00 pm Orthros (Last Supper)
- Holy Thursday: 8:30 am Vesperal Liturgy (Last Supper) (color Red Eggs after this service), 6:00 pm Service with the 12 Gospels
- Good Friday: 8:30 am Royal Hours (Decorate Kouvouklion after this service), 3:00 pm Vespers (Taking Down from the Cross), 6:00 pm Lamentations (Procession with the Kouvouklion)
- Holy Saturday: 8:30 am Vesperal Liturgy (Descent to Hades, Hymn of the Three Youths), 11:30 pm Paschal Vigil
- Pascha: 12:00 midnight Resurrection Service and Divine Liturgy, 12:00 noon Agape Vespers, 1:00 pm Agape Picnic
The complete schedule is also on our website calendar, copies are available.
We are looking forward once again to our AGAPE Picnic after the AGAPE Vespers at Pascha. Vespers will begin at noon, and the picnic will begin after Vespers, around 1:00 pm. We will be taking reservations for the next couple of weeks, please make sure to stop by the table in the SLC and make your reservations, it is important that we know how many to plan for. Since Pascha and 'American Easter' are the same this year, it might be a nice way to invite your family and friends to join us for this celebration! If you have any questions, please contact Renee Michalopulos or Father George. The price will remain the same again this year: $50 per family (parents and children under 18); or $15 for adults; $10 for children under 18. This will once again be fun and delicious celebration of the Resurrection of our Lord!
If you are not receiving emails from our Parish Listserv, you can subscribe from our website, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and Father George will add you to the list.