We are taking "baby steps" towards a more normal church life. We are not yet returning to the way things were. Our personal freedom to worship is limited by our responsibility to those around us, and to those near and dear to us.
Our services are now open to parishioners with certain restrictions:
1. Anyone with symptoms of illness must stay home. Anyone aged 65 or older is asked to worship at home, watching the live stream of services.
2. You must pre-register to attend. Please pre-register by calling the church office no later than 3:30 p.m. on Fridays. You may pre-register for any of the remaining Sundays in June. Once you have attended a service, you will be at "the back of the line" until others have had an opportunity to attend.
3. Everyone over the age of 10 must wear a mask. If you do not bring one, a mask will be provided at church.
4. Social distancing is required. Only households that live together may sit together.
5. Someone will take your temperature, name, and contact information when you arrive.
6. Offerings may be made by cash in an envelope or credit card. We will be unable to make change for anyone.
7. Everyone entering must acknowledge that no environment is free from risk, and that you assume responsibility for your own safety.
8. Holy Communion will be offered in the Slavic Orthodox fashion. Fr. Tom will explain this at the appropriate time.
9. There will be no coffee hour or social gatherings after church.
You should have received a letter in the mail this week giving fuller detail on each of these steps. If you did not and wish to receive a printed copy, please contact the office at 216 932-3300 during normal business hours. God willing, the crisis will soon pass and we may return to our familiar ways as a church community.