1) GOYA is joining FOCUS for its annual backpack drive. You can participate by volunteering to fill a backpack for a less fortunate student right here in Cleveland! The packing list includes items like pencils, folders, and index cards. The deadline to have everything collected is Saturday, July 31st. Please see Ted to get involved or with any questions.
2) St. Innocent Church in Olmsted Falls will be hosting a regional young adult event (ages 21 - 35ish) on Saturday, August 28th, from 1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Mother Magdalena will be speaking on "Healthy Relationships in a Broken World." Vespers and a meal will follow.
3) New altar boys are being accepted this fall. Boys must
1) be 10 years old or older,
2) willing to commit to regular attendance and
3) attend an orientation on Saturday, Sept 18th from 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Names should be given to Ted Cherpas (firstname.lastname@example.org) by September 15th.
4) St. Elias Church in Akron will be hosting a regional young adult event (ages 21 - 35ish) on Saturday, September 18th. Vespers will be followed by a potluck supper and a talk by a TBD guest speaker. See you then!