Graduation Sunday Today
Another productive school year has joyfully come to an end, and we are pleased today to award promotion certificates, graduation diplomas and awards to students who have attended the Annunciation Catechism School and Greek Language School programs. Students may sit with their families for the Divine Liturgy.
Following the dismissal of the Divine Liturgy:
Greek School Students will be called to receive their promotion certificates and awards form Fr. John, assisted by their teachers: Maria Sandilos (Level I), George Dalagelis (Levels II, III & IV), and Dimitra Afthinou-Spilioti (levels V, VI). The following awards will be given this year: 1) Calligraphy Award, 2) Outstanding Effort Award, 3) Philomatheia (love of learning) Award, 4) Honorable Distinction Award, 5) Scholastic Leadership Award, 6) Superior Achievement Award, and 7) Three Hierarchs Award of Excellence.
Catechism School Students will be called to receive their promotion certificates and diplomas from Fr. John and Catechism School Director Mary O’Hara, assisted by their teachers: Athena Douris, Maria McNally (pre-K), Anna Dalson (1st Grade), Susan Gouris (2nd-4th), Zaffie Zoubroulis (5th Grade), Jane Papacostas (6th Grade), Gregory Mariani (7th-8th Grades), and Anthony Mariani (9th-12th Grades).
To conclude, we will honor the Annunciation Parish Class of 2014 High School, College and Graduate School graduates.
ANNUNCIATION CHURCH CLASS OF ‘14 HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATES
1. George Spiro Armentani, son of Denise and Richard Armentani, graduated Summa Cum Laude form Holy Ghost Preparatory School. He will be attending Drexel University’s LeBow College of Business, Pennoni Honors Program. George has been recognized with many awards from Holy Ghost Prep for his dedication to scholastic achievements, athletics, and service to others. He is a member of the National Honor Society, the Tri M Music Honor Society, and the Foreign Language Honor Society. George has also been recognized as a Distinguished Scholar to represent his school at the Academic Honors Convocation at the Cathedral Basilica of SS Peter and Paul. He has also been awarded several scholarships from Drexel University, and named an A.J. Drexel Scholar.
2. Katherine Bennett, daughter of Anna and Greg Bennett, graduated from Hatboro-Horsham High School. Katherine will be attending Penn State University, majoring in Accounting.
3. Dennis George Koulouris, son of Christina and Spero Koulouris, graduated from Council Rock High School. George has an interest in studying behavioral science. He played basketball for Council Rock for 6 years, baseball for 2 years and track for 1 year.
4. Veron Koukaras, son of Kostadina and Dionysios Koukaras, graduated from Upper Moreland High School. He will be attending Montgomery County Community College, majoring in Business and Criminology.
5. Lazaros Mackrides, son of Faye and Bill Mackrides, graduated from Abington Senior High School. Lazaros will be attending Cabrini College. He will also play basketball for Cabrini.
6. Alexandra (Lexi) Elizabeth Trivelis, daughter of Lisa and Jim Trivelis, graduated from Council Rock High School South . Lexi will be attending Penn State University, majoring in Elementary Education. Lexi played the violin in the Council Rock Symphonic Orchestra, and she is a member of the National English and Music Honor Societies.
7. Michael Matthew Trivelis, son of Renee and Michael Trivelis, graduated from Council Rock High School South. Michael will be attending West Chester University.
8. Kristen Vaganos, daughter of Tina and Steve Vaganos, graduated from Germantown Academy. Kristen will be attending New York University.
9. George William Wrigley, son of Alexandra and Richard Wrigley, graduated from William Tenant High School. George will be attending Penn State University, majoring on Business and Engineering. George participated in 4 years of varsity tennis, was a member of student government, a member of the Future Business Leaders of America and represented WTHS at the state competitions in Hershey, and was chosen as the business student of the month for June.
10. Chris Zoubroulis, son of Zaffie and Theodore Zoubroulis, graduated from Council Rock High School South. Chris will be attending Stevens Institute of Technology.
ANNUNCIATION CHURCH CLASS OF ’14 COLLEGE & UNIVERSITY GRADUATES
1. Dawn Artemis Armentani, daughter of Denise and Richard Armentani, graduated Summa Cum Laude from the LeBrow College of Business of Drexel University with a BS/BA in Finance and Marketing, Greek Studies and Communications minors. Dawn is currently contemplating career opportunities with the Federal Reserve Board as an analyst and with Aramark where she completed her co-op as a Program Management Specialist. Dawn was recognized with the highest distinction of honors from the Pennoni Honors Program. She has received numerous awards including Outstanding Student Award, and Dean’s Student Advisory Board Senior Award. She is also a member of the international honor society Beta Gamma Sigma.
2. George Fisfis, son of Stella and Apostolos Fisfis, graduated from Saint Joseph’s University with a double major in Finance and Food Marketing. George was awarded a scholarship for Most Outstanding Orientation Leader for 2011-2013, and went on two humanitarian service trips.
3. Maria Karidas, daughter of Patra and Nikos Karidas, graduated with honors from Gwynedd Mercy University with a BA in Early Childhood Education and Special Education. Maria was named Conference Player of the year, Senior Scholar Athlete of the year and was an Academic All-American for 4 years. Maria will be teaching at Council Rock High School South, and also coach field hockey.
4. Gregory Mariani, son of Ana Benavides and Evangelos Mariani, graduated from Rider University with a BA in Management and Entrepreneurship.
5. Panayiotis (Peter) James O’Hara, son of Mary and Dennis O’Hara, graduated from Delaware Valley College with an MBA.
6. Elena Nicole Economopoulos, daughter of Beverly and Nicholas Economopoulos, graduated from Parsons School of Design with a MA in Fashion Studies.
To all the graduates, we express our heartfelt best wishes and we congratulate each one of you for your noble achievements. May God bless each one of you with the gifts of His love and may He guide you to every good work in serving and helping your fellowmen that His Holy Name be glorified.
To celebrate this day and the accomplishments of our students, please join us in the Cultural Center immediately following dismissal for ice cream, offered by the Parents & Teachers Organization.
All are invited!