Notice of Parish Assembly to be held May 23, 2021
An assembly of all the stewards* of the parish will occur on Sunday, May 23, following the Divine Liturgy at 1:30 PM via Zoom. The draft agenda will be as follows:
1. Call to Order / Opening Prayer
2. Determination of Quorum* requirement of parishioners** by rollcall
3. Adoption of Agenda
4. Appointment of Assembly Chairperson and Assembly Secretary
5. Amendment/Approval of Fall 2020 General Assembly Minutes
6. COVID Presentation (Dr. Ramsey Nassar) and Discussion
7. Report (President, Treasurer, Festival, Facilities & Stewardship)
8. Presentation of the 2020 Audited Financial Statements
9. Church Hall, Administration & Classroom Building & Capital Campaign Report
10. Pastoral Remarks
11. Adjournment / Closing Prayer
To be legally binding, a quorum must be present before any meeting of the Parish Council or the Parish Assembly.
A majority of the Parish Council shall constitute a quorum. The minimum affirmative vote to pass a motion in a meeting of the Parish Council shall be a majority of a quorum.
For a Parish Assembly, at least twenty-five percent (25%) of current members in good standing shall constitute a quorum, except in matters pertaining to the purchase, sale or encumbering of Parish Property, which require a quorum of the current members in good standing per Part One, Article VI, Section 5 of the UPR. The minimum affirmative vote to pass a motion in a Parish Assembly shall be two-thirds (2/3) of a quorum.
Parish membership is in accordance with the Part One, Article V of the UPR. An eligible Orthodox Christian may become a member in good standing of this parish by:
1. Submitting a signed yearly Stewardship Pledge card reflecting a contribution that is sacrificial in nature, and;
2. Meeting one’s financial obligation in a timely fashion, including an initial remittance at the time of initial yearly pledging.
To maintain member in good standing status for the purposes of the two annual Parish Assemblies, a parishioner should fulfill at least 25% of their annual Stewardship Pledge prior to the first annual Parish Assembly and at least 75% of their pledge before the second annual Parish Assembly.
To maintain member in good status for any Special Parish Assemblies or ecclesiastical services (such as weddings and baptisms), a parishioner will need to have their pledge current as of the annual quarter in which the Assembly or service takes place.