Bulletin Settings - Configuration and Content Preferences
To change your Bulletin Settings:
- Roll your mouse over "Settings" in the Top Navigation bar.
- Click Bulletin Settings
Note: If you are not yet associated with an organization, Bulletin Settings will not be an option.
There are three pages of Bulletin Settings, accessed with the buttons on the left.
On this page you can select the Typikon and Calendar, as well as which languages will be used in your bulletin.
- Choose the Typikon and Calendar that is as prescribed by your Archdiocese.
- Check or uncheck the boxes next to each language. You can select multiple languages into your bulletins.
- You can order the languages used in the bulletin (based on your parish's preference) by dragging the button with the double lines up or down to create your preferred order.
- In the same way, you can also set the preferred order for "Available English Translations" .
Note: The Typikon and Calendar settings affect the Gospel and Epistle readings, Hymns of the Day, and Saints and Feasts for your bulletin.
Note: English is selected by default, and cannot be deselected.
On this page you can enter your parish's Apolytikion, and set some other bulletin content preferences.
Apolytikion of the Church
Bulletin Builder will automatically enter your parish's apolytikion in each bulletin.
- Enter the Apolytikion for your Parish or Organization:
- Enter the Title of the Apolytikion (or leave the default title "Apolytikion for the Church").
- Select the appropriate tone from the drop down menu.
- Enter the hymn text in the large text box.
Note: If you have the text of Apolytikion in another application (such as Microsoft Word) you can paste it in the text box.
to save this new information,
to remove the Apolytikion.
- Click "Add Another" to add another variation (translation or language) of your parish's Apolytikion.
Gospel and Epistle Readings
Bulletin Builder will calculate the appropriate Matins Gospel for a given day. If you do not wish to have the Matins Gospel automatically included, uncheck the box next to "Auto-include Matins Gospel."
Note: You can always manually add in a Matins gospel reading even if this feature is disabled.
Saints and Feasts
Bulletin Builder will automatically enter the selected number of hymns for the appropriate saints and feasts.
- Select the number of Saints and Feasts to automatically include in each bulletin. The default is 3.
- Click "Update."