Pangari Schedule: George Booskos, Haitham Dib and Mary Kent.
A 40 day memorial will be held today for George Karathanasis, brother of Nick Karathanasis. May his memory be eternal.
A 40 day memorial will be held today for Anastasia (Esther) Panageas, wife of Sotirios Panageas. May her memory be eternal.
Mission Sunday: After the Divine Liturgy, Elaine Piniat, Missionary to Sweden, will offer us a presentation in the fellowship hall. Seating is limited to 25 people per state guidelines.
A second tray will be offered today for Holy Week flowers.
PASCHAL CARD: Please call Maria Marinakis (609-741-6237) or Faten Dib (609-226-2691) to include your family name in the community paschal card. (minimum donation of $20) Forms are located at the pangari.
Philoptochos will continue to sell Shop Rite Gift Cards. Please see attached flyer with information on how to purchase.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please do not socialize and congregate in the foyer of the gym after the Divine Liturgy.
APRIL WEEKDAY SERVICES
Please call or email Ginny Kramvis for registering for weekday services. Seating is limited to 20 people. (609-513-2357 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
†Monday evening, April 12, Compline service 5:00 pm (In Church)
†Wednesday evening, April 14, Pre-Sanctified Liturgy, 6:30 pm (In Church)
†Friday evening, April 16, Pre-Sanctified Liturgy 5:30 pm and Akathyst Hymn 7:00 pm. (In Church)
Please see attached for remaining April services and Holy Week services (changes to schedule in red).
April 24: Saturday of Lazarus
April 25: Palm Sunday
May 2: Resurrection of Our Lord
RECEIVING HOLY COMMUNION
Holy Communion is offered to those baptized Orthodox Christians who have prepared themselves for the reception of the Sacrament by prayer and fasting. Blessed Bread is available for all our visitors at the very end of the Divine Liturgy. Our Sunday School students receive Holy Communion first and then we will approach from the center aisles, starting with the front pews, one pew at a time.
Virtual Sunday School continues this week! ZOOM links will be sent out via email on Saturdays. Please contact Sarai Taraborrelli if you have any questions. The Sunday School email address is Holytrinitysundayschool2020@gmail.com.
OCMC Lenten Coin Boxes will be mailed to the Sunday school children Please return to the church at the Agape Vespers on Sunday, May 2nd.
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
We will have a Parish Council meeting on Monday, April 12th at 7:00 pm.
We will have Bible Study on Tuesday, April 20th, via Zoom at 7:00 pm. A link will be sent prior to Bible Study.
DONATIONS NEEDED FOR STOP THE HEROIN HALFWAY HOUSE
Items needed: single beds, lamps, toasters, cookware, chairs, tables, couches, dressers and linens. Please call Gary Kurtz at 609-233-0045 in you can donate. They will pick up.
The Lenten period is an important time of spiritual preparation for all Orthodox Christians. For this reason, everyone is encouraged to contact Father George, or any other spiritual father, in order to partake of the Sacrament of Confession.
Stewardship packets for the year 2021 have been sent. Please fill out and return to the church office as soon as possible. If you have not received a packet, and would like one please contact the office (609-653-8092 X5). For those who are able, let us strive to give more generously than last year, so that we may continue to strengthen our Holy Trinity Church during these difficult times.
PARISH REOPENING INFORMATION
We are happy to announce that we have received permission to reopen our Church. It will be great to see you all in person after many weeks of physical separation.
We are urging all of us to refrain from being judgmental towards those who are not yet ready or able to attend services. Oftentimes, we do not know the personal situations experienced by our sisters and brothers.
Here are many of the guidelines that we all need to follow during this first phase of reopening.
- Sunday morning Divine Liturgies will take place in the gymnasium and we will only be able to enter through the front door outside of the gym foyer.
- We will not be permitted to go to other parts of the facility, except to use the restroom nearby (one person at a time).
- Only 75 people can register for attendance each Sunday on a first come first served basis. Overflow registrants will be first in line for the following Sunday.
- Each of us will receive an email from “Sign Up Genius” each week. Please be sure to provide all the contact information that is requested.
- While consecutive Sundays will appear on the “Sign Up Genius”, please only register for one Sunday at a time so that we can give everyone a chance to attend.
- Chairs in the gymnasium will be spaced in a safe manner. Please do not move the chairs, nor move around inside the gym to converse with other people.
- Masks must be worn at all times. Please bring a mask from home.
- Upon arrival, each of us will be asked a few general health questions. If we are sick or have been near a sick person, we will not be permitted to attend the Divine Liturgy.
- If someone experience symptoms sometime after the Divine Liturgy, THEY MUST NOTIFY THE CHURCH OFFICE IMMEDIATELY.
- Everyone must sanitize their hands upon arrival.
- A collection tray will be placed at the pangari, but will not be passed around in Church. Please bring exact change as no change will be handled.
- All cell phones must be turned off completely in order to preserve our wifi connection.
- A few chairs will be set up in the back of the gym for parents with young children.
- For those who do not use email or the internet, I am encouraging them to seek out a family member or fellow parishioner who can register for them. A separate letter in the Greek language will explain this to our seniors.
- We are not permitted to have a coffee hour, nor to socialize with one another after the Services.
WEEK DAY LITURGIES
Week Day Liturgies will be celebrated in the Church and participants can only enter through the front door of the Church.
- We are limited to 20 people at a time for these services. Seating spots will be marked with a blue dot on the pews.
- We are giving preferential consideration to our senior citizens (who may be uneasy about larger crowds) and to those who are celebrating their name days on a given day.
- Attendees must contact Ginny Kramvis two days in advance of the Week Day Liturgy so that we do not go over the 20 person limit (609-513-2357). In addition, a relative or friend can email Ginny at email@example.com.
- All of the other guidelines as described above for Sunday Liturgies, also apply to the Week Day Liturgies.
If you are planning a family memorial, please contact the church office far in advance of the date, so that we can properly register your family for church attendance.
Due to safety regulations, please do not park cars along the curb in front of the church and the community center during church services and other events. Thank you!