Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church
Sunday of St. Mary of Egypt
April 5, 2020
Councilors: Nickolas, Klemes, Avramidis, Nicholos;
Altar Group: No Groups Ambassadors: No Ambassadors
Broadcast Team: Pappas, Drosakis;
No Sunday School
Due to occupancy restrictions from the Coronavirus outbreak, we must limit the occupancy in all church facilities until further notice. To that end we must enforce the following limitations for our community’s safety and well-being. First and foremost, please stay home and watch our online broadcasts.
There may be no more than 10 people in all of the church's facilities at any time.If, out of necessity, you must come into the building, please:
- Enter the building two at a time.
- Do not enter until a parish council member lets you in.
- Wash or sanitize your hands upon entering the Church.
- Feel free to light a candle, say a prayer, and then depart in peace.
We appreciate your cooperation during this difficult and unusual time.
Our prayers are with you and may Christ bless and protect you.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN LITURGY FROM YOUR HOME
The Church Fathers often refer to the home as being the “Little Church”. With that in mind, there are many ways that you can turn your home into a little church.
1) Icons and prayer corners: The Church is adorned with icons like little windows to heaven. Build your prayer corner so that you are worshipping God with the Saints!
2) Sanctity of the space: Too often, our home goes unrecognized for all the shelter, warmth, and growth that it provides us. What if we were to reverence our own home as we would the house of God? After all, YOU are the body of Christ, and if so, then Christ truly lives there too! Treat your home as you would the Church and watch it become a holy space too!
3) Make prayer and worship a prominent activity at home: The Church houses coffee hours, meals, fellowship, and fun; it also houses the regular worship of God. Make your schedule of home life centered on the Liturgical life of Christ and He will rally around your home.
4) Participate through online services: We are online and able to bring the sights and sounds to your home through our website. You can connect with the community in a unified act of giving our time and attention to Holy Trinity! Follow this link for our livestream services, and also subscribe, like and comment on our videos on Youtube!
5) Church is not a spectator sport: You wouldn’t just sit quietly while your favorite college team won a championship would you? Get involved in the actions of worship! Sing, kneel, sit, stand, and pray out loud so that you’re participating in the church in body, mind, and soul.
There are a million ways to participate in the Life of Christ from home, and we hope you’ll continue to join us every Sunday through your prayers, messages,and love of Christ with us!
2020 SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE IS APRIL 10
If you are having difficulty completing your application because of school closures please email Penny Gallins at firstname.lastname@example.org. The 2020 scholarship application is available on holytrinityraleigh.org under “Resources”. High school seniors, college and graduate students are eligible to apply. Completed applications must be received in the church office not later than April 10. Thank you to the Holy Trinity families who sponsor scholarships! Since the office is closed due to coronavirus, please feel free to leave your applications in the church mailbox.
2020 STEWARDSHIP CAMPAIGN UPDATE
We hope all of you are staying safe and well during these difficult days. We are living in extraordinary times, and navigating waters that are unchartered for most. Our faith is the most important thing we can rely upon when battling such uncertainty. Thank you for remembering our beacon of hope and love, Holy Trinity, as we all continue to rely on our spirituality for comfort and strength to persevere through the challenging weeks ahead.
Despite every disadvantage, nevertheless many of you have asked what is the easiest way to continue your stewardship and support during this unprecedented time, given everyone is required to stay-at-home across North Carolina.
We are strongly encouraging members to utilize our new online giving portal, Abundant Giving. You can access the giving portal via the main page of Holy Trinity’s website (click the GIVE Online. button).
The portal link is: https://abundant.co/holytrinityraleigh/give.
We understand this method of giving is new for most members, so we have created a brief video to show you how to use the online giving portal. The video instructions are located right under the GIVE Online button on the main page of Holy Trinity’s website. Click on the Online Giving Instructions button, to be directed to a link and password, to watch the video.
Of course, you can also continue to mail your donation and/or your pledge to: Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, 5000 Lead Mine Roa
If you have a question about donating, your stewardship, or giving online, please contact Stewardship Co-Chair Angela Georgallis at 919-339-3169 or email@example.com.
Thank you again for your selflessness and your love of Mother Church.
ST. TIKHON OF ZADONSK: JOURNEY TO HEAVEN (PART II: THE WAY OF SALVATION)
The compassionate God still calls to Himself all that have turned away, and He awaits them and promises them mercy. The loving Father still receives His prodigal sons come back from a far country and He opens the doors of His house and clothes them in the best robe, and gives them each a ring on their hand and shoes on their feet and commands all the saints to rejoice in them.
ST JOHN CLIMACUS ON SOLITUDE
“Solitude is unceasing worship and waiting upon God.”
ST ANTHONY THE GREAT
“Who sits in solitude and is quiet hath escaped from three wars: hearing, speaking, seeing: yet against one thing shall he continually battle: that is, his own heart.”
ST SERAPHIM OF VYRISTSA
“Even in the most difficult of times, he who will occupy himself diligently with the Jesus Prayer will be able to be easily saved.”
THIS WEEK AT HOLY TRINITY
ST. MARY OF EGYPT
SATURDAY OF LAZARUS