TODAY is our Parish Feastday The Conception by St. Anna of the Most Holy Theotokos. Chronia Polla.
TODAY, the Parish Council will offer "Fasolada" bean soup Greek style and Pasta for the kids. We would like all of you to stay, cast your Election Day vote, have some nice and warm Fasolada, and enjoy the day.
TODAY is Stewardship Sunday. We asked that all our Steward families recommit themselves for the coming new year and submit a 2019 Stewardship Commitment Card. As you know, we rely on this free-will offering of stewardship from every family that we serve as an expression of our love for the church and so we can continue doing God’s work. Thank you for your continued generosity and support.
TODAY we will hold our Parish Council General Elections. As was mailed out by the Board of Elections, there are six candidates to fill 6 of the 7 open positions.
Daily Liturgy during the Christmas Fast, 9 am
Sunday, December 9: GOMNJ Annual Christmas Tree Lighting, 5pm – 9pm, GOMNJ, Westfield, NJ
Saturday, December 22: GOMNJ Byzantine Music Christmas Concert, 6pm, St John Theologian Cathedral, Tenafly,NJ
Sunday, December 23: Christmas Pageant, Choir Concert, Greek School Christmas Program
Monday, December 24: Christmas Eve Divine Liturgy of St. Basil, 9 am
Monday, December 24: Christmas Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom, 10:30 pm (to 12:30 am)
Tuesday, January 1, 2019: St. Basil - Circumcision of Our Lord, Orthros / Liturgy 9 am
Sunday, January 6: Epiphany and 2nd Agiasmos (Blessing of Waters)
St. Anna is hosting the 27th Annual Holiday Sing-A-Long for the ARC of Hunterdon County on Friday, December 14at 7 pm.
Please volunteer for this very specialand very funcommunity outreach event, by helping set up & decorate, attending or by baking Cookies, Cakes or other Treats.
Volunteers are asked to arrive before 6:30 pm to:
· Set up Refreshments, Greet Guests, Seat Guests and Hand out Songbooks & Props
· Sing Along with this boisterous crowd.
· Clean-up including taking down tables at end of event (~8:30 pm)
· Please Dress Festively; Think Santa Hats and Christmas Sweaters
This is a great local event serving Hunterdon County clients. Children can earn volunteer hours. Questions? Call Leader Stephanie McElroy at 908-399-0080.
EDUCATION: Our Community food drive ends today. Thank you all for your generosity.
Rehearsal for the Christmas Pageant - December 16
Christmas Pageant - December 23
No Sunday School on December 30 and January 6 (Epiphany).
We wish everyone a wonderful Christmas season. Sunday School contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Christmas Concert Choir: Please see the flyer on our adult and youth Christmas concert choir to sing on Sunday December 23. Adults and youth who like to sing are welcome to participate. Youth will rehearse starting this Sunday after Church. Adult rehearsals will be scheduled soon. Please see Choir Director Diana Grina at email@example.com.
Adult Greek School: Adult Greek school that classes will start on January 7 and registration has begun! Please see Maria Sfondouris to register today and on December 9 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Adult Bible Study: Adult Bible Study is on Fridays from 12 – 1 pm. Please let Fr. A know if you are interested. All are welcome!
Philoptochos Vasilopita Sale: Please see Zoi Kaldes to order Vasilopita. Cost $17. Checks payable to "St. Anna Philoptochos". Orders due by December 16. Pick up Vasilopita at St. Anna on December 23.
- The PC partnered with local Authorities to review our security systems and procedures and make the necessary improvements to improve the safety and security of our Parishioners and our Facilities. This is not a one meeting event and to be successful we will need everyone's participation. We will be keeping you informed as we have the opportunity to learn more and be able to share with you details.
- Our first Eat & Shop event was successful. Preliminary report shows that we will net over $8,000. Thanks to all of those who came and helped during preparation and during the event. We managed to have everything cleaned and in storage within one hour after the event.
- We are in the process of the next phase of the iconography. We will let you know as soon as we have an agreed-upon date.