SUNDAY, APRIL 25, 2021 - PALM SUNDAY
THANK YOU, YOUR EMINENCE METROPOLITAN NICHOLAS and FR. VASILIOS PLIAKAS!
The St. Helen Philoptochos will collect donations for flowers for the Epitaphio and Holy Week icons at the end of today’s service.
HOLY WEEK SERVICES
HOLY WEEK SERVICES: Seating and large screen video feed will be made available in the Hellenic Cultural Center to maintain COVID safety guidelines if church attendance exceeds our allowed capacity limit. For those who are unable to attend services in person, all holy week services will be available on live video-feed at: https://www.stcons.org/video-streaming
PALM SUNDAY – APRIL 25 1st Bridegroom (Nymphios) Service, 6:30 pm
HOLY MONDAY- APRIL 26 2nd Bridegroom (Nymphios) Service, 6:30 p.m.
HOLY TUESDAY- APRIL 27 3rd Bridegroom (Nymphios) Service, 6:30 p.m.
HOLY WEDNESDAY– APRIL 28 First Holy Unction, 4:00 p.m.; 2nd Holy Unction, 7:00 pm
HOLY THURSDAY– APRIL 29 St. Basil's Divine Liturgy, 9:30 a.m.
The Reading of the 12 Gospels and the Procession of our Crucified Lord, 6:30 p.m.
GOOD FRIDAY– APRIL 30
Apokathelosis, 3:30 p.m. (Descent of Christ’s Body from the Cross)
Epitaphios Service, 6:30 p.m.
HOLY SATURDAY– MAY 1 St. Basil’s Divine Liturgy, 10:00 a.m.
Resurrection Service, 11:00 p.m.’ Anastasi, 12:00 pm followed by the Divine Liturgy.
EASTER SUNDAY– MAY 2 Agape Service 11:00 a.m.
Saints Constantine and Helen services are open for parishioners and we encourage those who are not in high-risk categories to attend services.
The church building is professionally cleaned, disinfected, and sanitized weekly.
We strongly encourage those who will not be attending church to participate in services through our website, at https://www.stcons.org/video-streaming
HOLY WEEK SERVICES - GUIDELINES AND PROCEDURES
TO ESTABLISH COVID SAFETY PRECAUTIONS DURING HOLY WEEK, OUR PARISH WILL MAINTAIN THE FOLLOWING PRECAUTIONS. (PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS - THROUGHOUT THE WEEK, WE WILL SEND OUT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION BY EMAIL TO PARISHIONERS. If you do not currently receive email notifications, and would like to, please contact the church office.)
FOR ALL SERVICES:
- CHURCH CAPACITY LIMIT IS 180 PEOPLE
- USHERS WILL SEAT PARISHIONERS, MAINTAINING SOCIAL DISTANCING FOR EACH FAMILY
- TEMPERATURE CHECKS AT ENTRANCE AND MASKS ARE REQUIRED OVER AGE OF 4
- THE EPITAPHIO WILL BE DECORATED FRIDAY MORNING
- DURING THE AFTERNOON APOKATHELOSIS SERVICE, CHILDREN WILL BE INVITED TO HELP REMOVE CHRIST’S BODY FROM THE CROSS.
- IF MORE THAN 180 PARISHIONERS ATTEND, HALL B WILL BE SET UP WITH CHAIRS AND SCREEN SHOWING THE LIVE VIDEO-FEED OF THE SERVICE, FOLLOWING COVID SAFETY GUIDELINES
- FOLLOWING THE OUTDOOR PROCESSION, PARISHIONERS WILL NOT RE-ENTER THE CHURCH. BUT WILL WALK UNDER THE EPITAPHIO, AND FLOWERS WILL BE DISTRIBUTED OUTDOORS.
HOLY SATURDAY ANASTASI SERVICE
- WEATHER PERMITTING, STAGE PLATFORM WILL BE SET OUTSIDE CHURCH ENTRANCE
- THOSE WHO WISH TO STAY IN CAR OUTSIDE, SHOULD BE PARKED BY 11:45 PM. AT THAT TIME, THOSE INSIDE THE CHURCH WILL GO OUTSIDE.
- THE LIGHT WILL BE BROUGHT OUTSIDE THE CHURCH AT MIDNIGHT – CHRISTOS ANESTI!
- WE WILL SHARE THE LIGHT WITH THOSE STANDING AND THOSE INSIDE CARS IN THE CHURCH PARKING LOT
- THOSE STAYING FOR THE DIVINE LITURGY WILL RETURN INSIDE THE CHURCH
- RED EGGS WILL BE DISTRIBUTED WITH ANTIDORON
- THERE WILL BE NO ANASTASI SUPPER
EASTER SUNDAY PASCHA
- AFTER AGAPE SERVICE, RED EGGS AND SPECIAL GIFT BAGS FOR CHILDREN WILL BE DISTRIBUTED.
- THERE WILL BE NO EASTER EGG HUNT.
LIGHT A CANDLE AND SAY A PRAYER: When you are not able to attend church, you can purchase a candle from our church website (home page or video-streaming page), which Father Teodor will light before the following service or a service that you specify. Please give specific names, living or deceased, that you would like Father to remember in prayer. Father will light candles one hour before each service. For Sunday services, please place candle orders prior to 8:00 am Sunday morning.
Please Pray For: Father Teodor, Presbytera Roxana, Nicole, Irene, Maegan, Rene, Irene, Michael, Barbara, Lisa, Pat, Christopher, Jonathan, Alexandra, Tracy, Dianna, Lazarus, Henry, Betty, Catherine, Susan, Evelyn, Gregg, Peter, Stella, Ann Marie, Vasilios, Carol, George, Demetri, Steve, Molly, Maria, Elizabeth, Carol, Evans, Katherine, Mike, Connie, Mary, Margaret, Angela, Connie, Bill, Carrie, Vito, Pete, Amalia, Stephanie, Lisa, Connie, Jacob, Anastasia, Rima, Kylie, Effie, Nicholas, and Maria. (Names may be added by request. Please contact the church office)