- NO Catechism today
- Confession (before Vespers, by appointment)
- 5:30 PM, Great Vespers
2nd SUNDAY of Lent St. Gregory Palamas
Bring a prayer rope with you to be blessed. Use it and pray the Jesus Prayer each day this week.
- 8:30 AM, Matins
- 10 AM, The Divine Liturgy
- NO Sunday School this weekend (Children and Teachers recieve first)
FOR THIS SUNDAY...
Trapeza: If you come to Trapeza after Liturgy, we are asking everyone to please bring a small something to eat and share. We are trying 'simplify', with fewer signup-schedules.
Usher: Pleasee see schedule (Mark White)
Reader: Please see schedule
*There will be an 8 AM Liturgy, Monday the 25th for the Great Feast of the Annunciation.
We have several pressing needs at the Church:
1) Light, outdoor cleanup & groundskeeping around the Church
2) Indoor Clearing, cleaning and painting at St. Agape House. There is a detailed checklist at the Church.
We will be having several upcoming Saturday Work Parties with food! Make plans to come. We always have a good time when we work & fellowship together.
Parish Council Meeting, March 21, 2019
- Presvytera stated we have pledges from approx 50% of the families (26 families have pledged) in the parish which total $84,190.00 annual giving.
- Erik and Father addressed the renting of Agape House. Both talked about the need for 2 church work parties on upcoming Saturdays to do necessary clean up, painting, and other tasks to prepare the house for rental. Parissa and Richard will be leading this effort. An announcement will be made and tours of the property will be open after services Sunday March 24th.
- The children's play area need some work and the children play equipment needs to be moved regularly so the ground crew can mow. Wesley and Erik will be heading up these issues.
- The church's insurance policy was reviewed to the Council by Erik and he will be following up with the insurance agent concerning some of the issues found and possible adjustments to coverage.
- NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING: May 14, 2019 at 6:30pm in the Bookstore
Policy regarding Confession and visitations...
It has been our long-standing policy and practice that during Confession, House-calls, and Visitations, Father requires that a third adult to be present while still maintaining the appropriate privacy during Confession. It is also our policy that during Confession we are not asked to reveal details of a personal or private nature. If you would simply like to meet with Father for a visit outside of confession, a preffered place would be a local coffee shop :-)
For more information on the Sacrament of Confession, please see: https://www.goarch.org/-/preparation-for-holy-confession