ACOLYTES: Team A
PANGARI: Team D: Richard Warren, Clay White, Gus Kallergis
LIBRARY GREETERS: Thean Pelecanos, Evridici Papadakis
GOSPEL: Luke 18:18-27
GREEK TEXT OF GOSPEL: (Page 157 in Black Books)
LITURGY: 9:30 a.m.
COFFEE HOUR: Hosted by the loving family of Costa Vasiliades, Father to Eva (Jim),
Papou to Kanella & Mary
9:30AM - Liturgy
6:30PM - Goya Girls Basketball
7:30PM - Gamblers Anonymous
9:30AM - Liturgy (St. Basil)
9:30AM - Liturgy (St. Seraphim)
10:00AM - GOYA Athletic Seminar
RECEIVING HOLY COMMUNION AT STS CONTANTINE AND HELEN CATHEDRAL IS DONE IN THE FOLLOWING ORDER
1) Orthodox Education
students & teachers.
2) Elderly & people with disabilities.
3) Parents with infants being carried in arms.
4) The rest of the congregation and visitors wishing to receive will be
dismissed row by row from front to back.
Only practicing Orthodox Christians may receive sacraments.
Dec. 29 & Jan. 5th Family Worship
Jan. 12th Classes resume & Little Saints Reading Club
FAITH IN ACTION
1) All adults working with youth (Orthodox Education teachers and substitutes, GOYA chaperones, basketball coaches, dance instructors, etc.) must complete an online registration form to comply with the new Archdiocese Youth Safety Policy. Contact Costas J. Sarris or Ted Cherpas with any questions. Thank you in advance for your compliance.
2) Sts. Constantine & Helen will be hosting a GOYA basketball tournament the weekend of Jan 17th - 19th. This is a huge undertaking, and lots of volunteer help will be needed. A SignUpGenius is now online; check it out to get involved! See Ted Cherpas with any questions.
3) Our next GOYA meeting will take place Sunday, January 12th at 11:30 a.m. in the alcove. We will also have a post-tournament GOYA meeting on Sunday, January 26th (same time, same place) to review/debrief our tournament. See Ted Cherpas with any questions.
4) Our next St. Kyranna Young Adult Cooking Class is tentatively scheduled for Friday, February 21st at 7:00 p.m. @ St. Mary Romanian Cathedral. A parishioner from the community will be teaching us how to make a Romanian dish. Save the date, and see Ted Cherpas with any questions.
We are in need of volunteers to host Coffee Hour. Together we can eliminate the coffee hosting challenge. We ask you for two things: 1. Channel your Greek filoxenia and take one Sunday in 2020 to host coffee hour. It can be in memory of your loved ones (and in concert with a memorial) or in honor of a nameday or birthday. 2. Give Christina permission to add you to the calendar of coffee hosts. Several Sundays are already booked by our church organizations, but we’ll find one that works for you. Submit your first and second choice, please forward your request to: email@example.com Christina Callos.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
On Saturday, March 14, 2020 Fr. Nicholas Louh will be the guest speaker at our Lenten Retreat. Please mark your calendar and plan to attend. Schedule and topic details will be available soon.
VISTORS & SACRAMENTS
Everyone is welcome in the Orthodox Church & may receive the blessed bread (antidoron) at the end of the service, but only practicing Orthodox Christians may receive the sacrament of Holy Communion.
YOUTH SAFETY POLICY
Policy Contact Costas J. Sarris or Ted Cherpas with any questions. Thank you in advance for your compliance.
The congregation is asked to sing together the responses to the litanies after the Great Entrance (pp. 33-37) and after the Holy Anaphora (pp. 51-53).
Information on the Orthodox Churches of Greater Cleveland: www.orthodoxcleveland.us